Strand 2: Geometry and Trigonometry
Co-ordinate Geometry (Line & Circle)
Appendix - Trigonometric Formulae
Appendix - Constructions
The prescribed constructions are:
- Bisector of a given angle, using only compass and straight edge.
- Perpendicular bisector of a segment, using only compass and straight edge.
- Line perpendicular to a given line l, passing through a given point not on l
- Line perpendicular to a given line l, passing through a given point on l.
- Line parallel to given line, through given point.
- Division of a segment into 2, 3 equal segments, without measuring it.
- Division of a segment into any number of equal segments, without measuring it.
- Line segment of given length on a given ray.
- Angle of given number of degrees with a given ray as one arm.
- Triangle, given lengths of three sides.
- Triangle, given SAS data.
- Triangle, given ASA data.
- Right-angled triangle, given the length of the hypotenuse and one other side.
- Right-angled triangle, given one side and one of the acute angles (sev- eral cases).
- Rectangle, given side lengths.
- Circumcentre and circumcircle of a given triangle, using only straight- edge and compass.
- Incentre and incircle of a given triangle, using only straight-edge and compass.
- Angle of 60◦, without using a protractor or set square.
- Tangent to a given circle at a given point on it.
- Parallelogram, given the length of the sides and the measure of the angles.
- Centroid of a triangle.
- Orthocentre of a triangle